A legal description is a written way to describe a piece of property that is recognized by law and is sufficient to locate the property without oral testimony.
Generally included with the legal description is a sketch that illustrates the written description with bearing lines and distances.
The legal description and sketch is a legal document only. A LEGAL DESCRIPTION & SKETCH IS NOT A SURVEY.
Listed below are a few reasons a client requires a legal description & sketch:
- Describe a piece of property for sale
- Describe a piece of property for lease
- Describe an easement for utilities, drainage features, public access, etc.
- Describe several adjacent pieces of properties into one overall legal description
- To correct a deed or legal description error
- To update to a metes and bounds description from a fractional description
Rapid Surveying will provide our clients a professional legal description that a future surveyor, real estate lawyer and or title agency can easily follow.